For the first time, Yoga with Esme is bringing you a Yoga Alliance Professionals certified,
200-hour Vinyasa Yoga Teachers Training course.
This dynamic course focuses on teaching yoga practitioners how to:
- Teach, structure and modify classes;
- Create a complete yoga class that includes sequences for warming-up, standing, sitting and finishing poses;
- Create sequences with intention and understanding;
- Teach, practice, and incorporate various pranayama techniques, meditation and mudras into classes to bring the mind to a state of relaxation;
- Read different types of bodies and determine what they need in order to give the right cues and adapt poses to individuals;
- Create sequences to cater for everyone in the group and help with individual specific issues such as backpain, tight shoulders, core strengthening, etc.;
- Create vinyasa kramas for general classes;
- Use props effectively;
- Recognise and understand their own limitations; and
- Create a safe space for students and a successful business for themselves.
While the course will focus on vinyasa yoga, a new style of yoga will be introduced each week. These styles include: ashtanga, hatha, yin, yin and yang, restorative, chair yoga and myofascial release.
The course will also cover philosophy, anatomy, physiology and the history of yoga with experts in each field. Yoga practitioners will also receive invaluable information on how to start their own business and boost their online presence. A full list of teachers will be available for download soon.
The perfect balance between hard work and fun, this is a unique opportunity to progress passion into profession. By graduation, yoga practitioners will be knowledgeable and competent enough to run their own classes and be able to confidently offer advice and support to all their students.
Yoga practitioners must be 18 and over to enrol and are required to have been participating in regular yoga practice
for at least one year prior to the start of the course on Friday 24th September 2021.
- Training, assessment and a certified qualification by Yoga Alliance Professionals.
- A subsidised trainee membership with Yoga Alliance Professionals.
- A subsidised join fee (with a saving of £35) if the graduate upgrades their Yoga Alliance Professionals membership within 14-days of graduation.
Upon enrolment, yoga practitioners will gain access to the portal, and will receive all preparatory materials including reading lists, homework assignments and more.
What’s Not Included
- Travel to and from the training venue.
- Accommodation, food and drink.
To qualify for certification, yoga practitioners are required to complete all 200-hours of student and show constant progression. Yoga practitioners who do not meet the course requirements will be given the opportunity to take part in one-to-one private mentoring. This does not include regular yoga classes which yoga practitioners are expected to attend, outside training hours, for the duration of the course.
100% attendance is required to complete the Vinyasa YTT course. To be considered present, yoga practitioners must arrive on time and stay for the duration of the class. Yoga practitioners are required to mark their attendance on a roster each week.
Should a practitioner not be able to attend a session, they are required to inform the organisers in advance. Make-up hours will be required to complete the certification at an additional expense to the student in the form of one-to-one sessions.
Homework assignments will be given every week, as well as daily meditation and pranayama practices. It is imperative these are completed.
The course costs £2,500 and covers all eight modules, the Vinyasa YTT manual and all certification costs.
Yoga practitioners are required to pay a deposit of £500 upon enrolling. The remaining £2,000 can be paid in instalments on agreed upon dates with Esme Lopez. A £250 discount will be added to any participant who pays the course fees in their entirety upon enrolment. All monies paid are non-refundable.
HOW TO ENROL
All yoga practitioners are required to fill in the enrolment form and e-mail it to email@example.com. Upon acceptance, you will then have five days to pay your deposit of £500.
Please remember that all practitioners are must be 18 and over to enrol and are required to have been participating in regular yoga practice for at least one year prior to the start of the course on Friday 24th September 2021. You will not be accepted if you do not meet these conditions.
Before being permitted to join Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training, all practitioners are also required to read and sign the course policy and yoga teacher-in-training responsibility agreement.
Download the Vinyasa YTT Enrolment Form here.
Download the Vinyasa YTT Course Policy here.
Download the Vinyasa YTT Participation Responsibility Agreement here.
VINYASA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING [2021-2022]
PLEASE NOTE: Should COVID-19 restrictions stop in-person classes, the course will take place online instead.
Orange Tree, Blackhall
250 Queensferry Road
24th to 26th September 2021
29th to 31st October 2021
26th to 28th November 2021
28th to 30th January 2022
25th to 27th February 2022
25th to 27th March 2022
29th to 30th April and 1st May 2022
27th to 29th May 2022
Meet The Teachers:
For Yoga with Esme’s Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training 2021/22, we’re partnering with independent bookshops across Edinburgh to provide our students with the books they need from their reading lists!